The UI Principal Designer III will work closely with the Director of UX Design & Research and the UX team to create user experiences for Herbalife Nutrition digital products. You will partner with product owners, UX/UI designers, user testing and development teams as a guide in user experience providing direction and guidance to cross-functional teams. As a Principal UI Designer, you will provide high-level vision and hands on support creating innovative user experiences across web, mobile web, tablet, and Apps.
How you would contribute:
- Acts as lead to a small team of UI/UX Designers and UX Researchers to ensure delivery for 1 initiative or significant segment of work
- Performs result reviews and coaches’ team in visual design and user experience
- Informs direction of icon development, illustration style and micro animations
- Leads UI team developing Hi-Fidelity components for the global design system in Figma
- Maintains high-quality results and consistency of the global design system
- Adopts Agile principles to work collaboratively with others to refine and release a proposed design incrementally
- Provide continuous driven and best-practices research, leverage industry resources and market trends, and liaise with internal partners.
- Collaborate with key partners and team members to advise requirements, drive, and evaluate design and usher through launch
- Brings up risks and resolves issues to enable team delivery
- Helps to champion a fun, collaborative, and encouraging culture in which we are able to make career defining work.
- Ensures team delivers high quality, accurate, viable, and reliable products
- In addition to L1 activities:
- Leads a team of UI/UX designers and UX Researchers to ensure delivery for 1-2 initiatives or significant segments of work
- Ensures high standard of delivery in teams related to area of expertise
- Identifies areas of improvement in design process and recommends solutions to address gaps
- Provides guidance for design teams for full end-to-end implications of decisions in area of expertise
- In addition to L1 and L2 activities:
- Leads a team of UI/UX designers and UX Researchers to ensure delivery for 2-3 initiatives or significant segments of work
- Serves as decision maker on key design issues to remove roadblocks and ensure project delivery is on track
- Acts as advisor to business leadership on decisions that require design expertise
- Provides high-level estimates for incoming projects to help resolve resource allocation and/or need
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to technical and executive audiences
- Renowned for technical expertise in one area within design (e.g., user interface design)
- Proficiency in design/prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, and Adobe CC
- Provides Subject Matter Authority support
- Creative problem solving and innovation
- Provide technical leadership and vision
Certificates / Training:
- Required: Certifications demonstrating industry recognition for area of expertise
Preferred: Advanced degree in psychology, behavioral sciences, or related field
- 8+ years experience in UI Design, interaction design, and/or visual design
- 10+ years experience in UI Design, interaction design, and/or visual design
- 12+ years experience in UI Design, interaction design, and/or visual design
- Bachelor's in User Experience or equivalent
At Herbalife, we value doing what’s right. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We value diversity, strive for inclusivity, and believe the differences among our teammates is a key contributor to Herbalife’s ongoing success.
Herbalife offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees in the U.S. (limited to the 50 States and the District of Columbia), which includes Group Health Programs, other Voluntary Benefit Programs, and Paid Time Off. Group Health Programs include Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Basic Life/AD&D; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Other Voluntary Benefit Programs include a 401(k) plan, Wellness Incentive Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Supplemental Life/Critical Illness/Hospitalization/Accident Insurance, and Pet Insurance. Paid time off includes Company-observed U.S. Holidays, Floating Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, a Volunteer Program, Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave, Bereavement Leave, Personal Leave and time off for voting.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email your request to [email protected]