POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT:
The Packaging Brand Quality (PBQ) Manager is the liaison between business and in-house template creation team for printed components master and regionalized templates for Marketing’s approval and Packaging Art Production. PBQ manager partners with Template Artists, designers, vendors, Marketing, Global Regulatory and others to implement brand standards and insure regulatory compliance is applied to all printed components in Herbalife Nutrition’s product portfolios. Maintain and develop processes and analytics to ensure timely development and delivery of low-cost, quality printed components on a global scale.
- Ensure clear concise communication between all team members.
- Collaborates with internal Design staff, and other collaborators, to supports product launches, by ensuring new designs are able to support localization process.
- Develop and maintain global packaging style and regulatory standards to ensure consistent global branding across existing and new markets.
- Partners with collaborators to understand business objectives, to resolve production/implementation issues, and to align tools, processes and resources.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for print cost savings.
- Identify and develop process-based solutions to improve department performance and resource use.
- Document and communicate issues, options, and resolution to all stakeholders.
- Agile Business Intelligence End User: support Worldwide Supply Chain on developing and using Agile BI
- Collaborate with IS to develop reports to facilitate accurate, complete and timely decision-making.
- Measure team and individual performance for accuracy and efficiency.
- Lead production staff and develop the team’s technical skills, accuracy, communication skills, and product knowledge.
- Leads small staff of production artists fostering partnership, teamwork and skill development
- Support packaging art production at satellite locations
- Hires and leads production artists in accordance to corporate procurement policy and procedures.
- Strong technical skills on Mac-based production programs including Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong in MS Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat programs.
- Strong understanding of file prep for printing processes printing or other reproduction methods.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including listening, presentation and persuasion skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Creative/visual production skills for print CC2015 or higher.
- Skilled in developing/enforcing/upholding print quality and global style standards.
- Ability to adhere to goals, with an emphasis on project management.
- Ability to complete project estimations, scheduling and maintaining clear communication throughout the team while handling a multitude of projects
- Highly collaborative approach to team and process development.
- Continuously improve processes and procedures to increase speed to market.
- 10 years experience in graphic design production in creative team (agency or in-house) workflow, processes and structure
- 8 years experience working on workflow system and/or interactive design projects
- 6 years global brand architecture or corporate design standards.
- 3-5 years management experience
- 5 years of experience in graphic packaging production for print experience.
- 5 years of experience wiht implementing graphic standards on packaging components for the pharmaceutical, food, or nutraceutical regulatory industry.
- Advanced knowledge of four-color, spot, ability to set up files based on digital printing processes and prepress requirements
- Advanced knowledge of knowledge of layout, type, and color
- Advanced knowledge ofMicrosoft Office Word and Excel, on a MAC.
- Experience working closely with designers, creative directors, marketing managers and project managers to delivery team-based solutions
- Experience developing and implementing style guides, standards, and procedures.
- 4-year college degree (BA/BS/FA) in graphic design / print management / fine art or equivalent work experience with (AA) in graphic design / print management / fine art.
- 6 years experience in food/ supplement packaging production at agency or corporate graphics department
- 6 years experience working with Agile PLM workflow system or similar project management software tools/systems
- 8 years experience working on heavily regulated projects, in multiple languages/ markets, and translating designs to support different marketing regulatory requirements.
- Experience with network servers, server volumes and font management software.
- Master’s in graphic design or equivalent
- Knowledge of font management systems, repurposing artwork in various languages
- Experience developing electronic art solutions for packaging, logos, Word and PDF templates
- Experience leading packaging or brand production art team(s)
At Herbalife, we value doing what’s right. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We value diversity, strive for inclusivity, and believe the differences among our teammates is a key contributor to Herbalife’s ongoing success.
Herbalife offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees in the U.S. (limited to the 50 States and the District of Columbia), which includes Group Health Programs, other Voluntary Benefit Programs, and Paid Time Off. Group Health Programs include Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Basic Life/AD&D; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Other Voluntary Benefit Programs include a 401(k) plan, Wellness Incentive Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Supplemental Life/Critical Illness/Hospitalization/Accident Insurance, and Pet Insurance. Paid time off includes Company-observed U.S. Holidays, Floating Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, a Volunteer Program, Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave, Bereavement Leave, Personal Leave and time off for voting.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email your request to [email protected]