POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT:
This position provides technical support for the Herbalife Innovation and Manufacturing (HIM-WS) site to facilitate new product introduction, assure supply continuity, and improve product quality and manufacturing process efficiency.
- Complete technology transfers into the HIM WS manufacturing site. Ensure timely approvals to maintain launch timing and supply continuity.
- Plan and implement blend and packaging line trials.
- Complete Technical Operations tasks in the Agile PPM system.
- Data entry and maintenance of formula information in the Oracle OPM system.
- Generate new and revised master manufacturing and packaging batch records.
- Generate and implement protocols required for equipment evaluations and manufacturing process changes.
- Production troubleshooting and development of rework procedures.
- Interact with testing labs (HIM, HP1, and contract) to analyze and evaluate data test results.
- Assist in equipment/system qualification/verification, as required.
- Evaluate alternative raw material suppliers.
- Complete minor formula changes (e.g., overages, excipient amount/grade) to commercial products.
- Generate and evaluate process data to support process capability and identification of potential process improvements.
- Assist in completion of material reviews and CAPAs.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities under general supervision
- Ability to prioritize multiple activities and coordinate workload for effective implementation
- Timely and appropriate results orientation
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels with sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Ability to function as an effective team member
- Knowledge of GMPs and other regulatory requirements
- Good computer skills, including MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
- 0-2 years’ experience in a Product Development or Manufacturing role
- Hands-on experience setting up and running laboratory instruments and equipment
- Business process orientation including adherence to New Product Process, testing protocols and appropriate Product Lifecycle Management (e.g. Agile) and laboratory notebook documentation
- Competent use of MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- B.S. with a major in Engineering, Food Science, Chemistry, or other related technical programs, or equivalent level of experience
- Has proven understanding of Agile and Oracle systems
- Familiarity with nutritional and botanical ingredients through prior work experience
- Experienced in working in a GMP environment
- Experience working with other departments that collaborate with R&D such as QA, QC, Regulatory, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain
- BS in Chemical Engineering
At Herbalife, we value doing what’s right. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We value diversity, strive for inclusivity, and believe the differences among our teammates is a key contributor to Herbalife’s ongoing success.
Herbalife offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees in the U.S. (limited to the 50 States and the District of Columbia), which includes Group Health Programs, other Voluntary Benefit Programs, and Paid Time Off. Group Health Programs include Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Basic Life/AD&D; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Other Voluntary Benefit Programs include a 401(k) plan, Wellness Incentive Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Supplemental Life/Critical Illness/Hospitalization/Accident Insurance, and Pet Insurance. Paid time off includes Company-observed U.S. Holidays, Floating Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, a Volunteer Program, Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave, Bereavement Leave, Personal Leave and time off for voting.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email your request to [email protected]