Position Type: Regular Full-Time
External ID: 8160
Location: Torrance, CA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 16, 2023
Hiring Range: 179,500.00 to 194,300.00 USD Annually
The SOX and Financial Compliance Director will handle rapidly growing roles, responsibilities, and projects of the SOX group. This position will conduct global SOX training, assist in the continuous review of existing SOX compliance infrastructure and design, and implement changes, as necessary. The Director will lead, coordinate, and review company processes to ensure continued SOX compliance. The Director will assist in the SOX planning and continuous monitoring of the company’s internal control environment as the need for worldwide internal control governance grows with the company. This position will be responsible for supervising the SOX Compliance function for Corporate & Americas.
HOW YOU WOULD CONTRIBUTE:
This position will manage SOX personnel in Corporate & Americas.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND REQUIRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
• Proven knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and the COSO framework of internal controls
• Strong auditing skills and analytical ability
• Strong Technical Accounting skills
• Able to obtain, analyze and evaluate data
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Able to multi-task and organize
• Able to prioritize and meet due dates (formal and self-imposed) with minimal direction
• Self-reliant and has initiative to carry out assigned tasks or improve processes
• Able to independently solve practical problems
• Good PC skills (experience in Word Processing, Excel, Power Point)
• Able to work in team environment
• Highly motivated self-starter with analytical, project management, interpersonal, professional, and time management skills
• CPA or equivalent
• 10 years of SOX/audit experience
• Big 4 Accounting
• Fortune 500 company experience
• Extensive experience leading internal controls, SOX processes, and process improvements
• Extensive experience demonstrating skill evaluating and establishing plans to address risks and control issues
• Prior supervisory experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
At Herbalife, we value doing what’s right. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We value diversity, strive for inclusivity, and believe the differences among our teammates is a key contributor to Herbalife’s ongoing success.
Herbalife offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees in the U.S. (limited to the 50 States and the District of Columbia), which includes Group Health Programs, other Voluntary Benefit Programs, and Paid Time Off. Group Health Programs include Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Basic Life/AD&D; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Other Voluntary Benefit Programs include a 401(k) plan, Wellness Incentive Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Supplemental Life/Critical Illness/Hospitalization/Accident Insurance, and Pet Insurance. Paid time off includes Company-observed U.S. Holidays, Floating Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, a Volunteer Program, Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave, Bereavement Leave, Personal Leave and time off for voting.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email your request to [email protected]