POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT:
The Sr. Supervisor is an experienced supervisor and SME in sanitation related procedures, who can step in for the Sanitation Manager when they are out. The Sr. Supervisor is responsible for meeting and exceeding sanitation objectives and for complete adherence to company and regulatory procedures and requirements. This position will help promote a safe, high quality team environment, and the overall corporate image of excellence through a strong work ethic and solid leadership. This position will train and develop employees to improve efficiencies and maintain a Food Safe Environment throughout the plant – “making this a great place to work.” This fast-paced position requires the ability to plan, multi-task and complete a daily basis.
Sr. Supervisor responsibilities:
- Actively promote and maintain a safe work environment by ensuring the safety of personnel and compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations. Establishes “Safety First” culture within the sanitation department and routinely checks to ensure compliance to all established safe practices. Reviews and inspects equipment and conducts safety meetings.
- SME of all sanitation related procedures and equipment, including chemical control, hazardous waste, eMaint system, CIP system and inventory process.
- Assist manager by supervising all contractors, vendors, and third party operations (pest control, janitorial, recycling, landscaping) work and execution.
- Skilled at improving teams productivity in the plant. Able to establish work practices, operating procedures and work instructions to improve overall performance and efficiency of the plant.
- Good overall proven understanding of the entire plant operations, not just in area of responsibility.
- Proven and demonstrated understanding of sanitation and production KPIs.
- A solid understanding of safety policies and procedures. Able to identify and correct safety issues, develop and revise JSAs.
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding of all quality requirements. Identifies and corrects quality issues through root cause analysis.
- Develops training programs (OTJ, toolbox, etc.) for employees to assure enhancement of their competencies.
- Communicate clearly and accurately (both written and verbal) in Build It Better meetings, primary and secondary pass downs, planning meetings, during staff meetings, and provides feedback to all other shifts and departments to ensure efficiency and quality throughout the plant.
- Skilled at identifying, designing, & leading continuous improvement projects and has successfully led and implemented several successful continuous improvement projects.
- Promotes a team environment, and the overall corporate image of excellence through a strong work ethic and solid leadership. Leads by example.
- Conducts continuous follow-up on floor procedures and practices, re-directing team and provides additional training when necessary.
- Creates “A Great Place to Work” culture within team and through interactions with other departments and personnel. Creates a positive, inclusive team atmosphere.
- Evaluates shift to ensure capabilities exist to produce the required products. Provides recommendations to manager.
- Capable of filling in for manager during their absence.
- Maintain a good working relationship with employees through strong interpersonal and oral communications, teamwork, counseling, and fair and consistent enforcement of Company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for shift schedule to include: work station assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
- Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, changeovers and sanitation with Maintenance, Planning, Quality and Production.
- Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Update daily.
- Verify documentation is completed.
- Review equipment cleaning frequency with Supervisor.
- Schedule items to be done.
- Ensure compliance to scheduling.
- Chemical Controls –
- Work with contracted chemical supplier to ensure controls for sanitation chemicals.
- Read chemical labels to ensure safe applications.
- Train and orient new team members on chemical titration.
- Inventory and maintain cleaning and sanitizing chemicals.
- Ensure proper labeling and safety of chemicals.
- Ensure aligned with Herbalife and regulatory requirements.
- Review, update, and assure compliance of sanitation standard operating procedures (SSOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Develop sanitation procedures for equipment as needed.
- Assign duties, inspect work, and investigate complaints regarding unsanitary conditions and nuisances and take corrective action.
- Ensure continuity between shifts by documenting cleaning actions and noting areas requiring additional care or monitoring.
- Audit the facility for potential health hazards that may affect product quality.
- Reviews records of all audits.
- Prepare for and participate in State and Federal inspections.
- Implement and run the Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) program.
- Communicate with Supervisors, Managers, and Planning regarding sanitation requirements for the Facility.
- Reviews pest control reports for facilities compliance.
- Provide training and orientation to new hires, provide ongoing guidance and coaching.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Complete shift paperwork.
- Ensure food safety and sanitation functions are properly implemented in a timely manner and in accordance with company policies, procedures, safety and regulatory guidelines.
This position will primarily lead 1st shift team members and assist in off shift support. In addition, this position will be responsible for external people (temps, contractors, vendors, etc.) with regards to office housekeeping, pest control personnel, facility sanitation and outside landscaping personnel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task to achieve desired results
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Excellent organization and analytical skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Team development skills
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) and Outlook proficiency
- FSMA training or PCQI certification
- Safety experience or experience working on a safety committee
- Employee development skills
***Must have a valid state issued driver's license.***
- 5+ years combined experience in Food manufacturing/sanitation experience working with cGMP, FDA and other Food regulatory requirements.
- Minimum 2 years as a supervisor
- Minimum 2 years in a Manufacturing Sanitation role or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience of sanitation techniques and practices
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
At Herbalife, we value doing what’s right. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We value diversity, strive for inclusivity, and believe the differences among our teammates is a key contributor to Herbalife’s ongoing success.
Herbalife offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees in the U.S. (limited to the 50 States and the District of Columbia), which includes Group Health Programs, other Voluntary Benefit Programs, and Paid Time Off. Group Health Programs include Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Basic Life/AD&D; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Other Voluntary Benefit Programs include a 401(k) plan, Wellness Incentive Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Supplemental Life/Critical Illness/Hospitalization/Accident Insurance, and Pet Insurance. Paid time off includes Company-observed U.S. Holidays, Floating Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, a Volunteer Program, Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave, Bereavement Leave, Personal Leave and time off for voting.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email your request to [email protected].