The Principal III, Enterprise Architect ensures Herbalife architecture and technology landscape is in alignment with overall strategy. This role will have a broad array of responsibilities across Business Architecture, Application Architecture, Data Architecture, Infrastructure Architecture, Middleware Architecture, and Security Architecture disciplines and leads enterprise-wide initiatives for aligning the strategic solutions with Enterprise Architecture framework, standards, and best practices.
As this role progresses, this role will tackle more management responsibility and serve as an advisor to Herbalife on architecture for technology solutions, providing technical leadership across the organization, from top-line decision making down to the project planning level. The Architect prepares integration architecture design for multiple solutions or applications (e.g., Salesforce) to adhere to the architecture and data standards; Identify landscape req. and changes; Works on planning, configuration and implementation tasks as the need arises.
HOW YOU WOULD CONTRIBUTE:
- Develops reference architecture to set technical standards for applications and infrastructure.
- Creates business architecture models to support business needs
- Drive creation and validation of non-functional requirements concerning items such as consistency, performance, security, resiliency etc.
- Maintains repository of reference architecture blueprints
- Conducts periodic implementation review to examine whether solutions align with reference / blueprint architecture and suggest remediation/correction actions
- Provide integration architecture support to design Enterprise Architecture (server, storage, networks etc.) for select solutions or applications (e.g., Salesforce) for reliability, scalability, and performance.
- Provide integration architecture support to design Enterprise Architecture (server, storage, networks etc.) for select solutions or applications (e.g., Snowflake, Data Lake, Salesforce) for reliability, scalability, and performance.
- Maintain architecture standards required to operationalize business needs for a new service. Integration Architect identifies publishes and communicates strategic technology standards, frameworks, principles, and roadmaps to be used throughout the IT organization to guide technology decisions and leverage efficiency opportunities. Drives design for a secure, efficient, and adaptable future state model. Ensures that new projects and migrations are in alignment with the IT capital budget, project portfolio, and IT/enterprise strategic goals.
- Advocate the communication of and alignment to defined architecture strategy and standards
- Proactively supervise technology and market trends, and resolve their potential impact and value to the enterprise
- Support design, development, and implementation of technical projects that span across multiple platforms
- Ensure integration and data security standards across platforms
- Supports Risk Management team on dependency and service continuity efforts
- Stays up to date with the latest trends and industry standard methodologies
- Lead research and recommendation of new integration architecture practices and solution
- Ensures integration performance across platforms and infrastructure
- Partner with Infrastructure and Application Services, technical and operational teams to make recommendations on preferred solutions
- Researches and recommends opportunities to embrace new technologies. Analyzes the impact of implementing new technologies into the IT infrastructure. Proactively researches IT architecture standard processes and methodologies and resolves relevancy to the business organization. Participates in the life cycle planning of existing IT assets.
- Assists Technical Architects, and Project Managers in matching technology services to specific business service and application development projects to ensure consistent use throughout the enterprise. Identifies and brings to bear opportunities across IT departments to ensure a consistent and efficient infrastructure framework.
- Educates and guides engineers in the vision and use cases of specific solutions within the Architecture portfolio.
- Develops and participates in the governance of Architecture principles and framework to assure compliance to the strategy and those exceptions are well justified and detailed through a formal waiver process. Analyzes the impact of exceptions and its effect on future IT and enterprise goals.
- Use business requirements to identify, evaluate and present alternative design solutions which meet customer needs
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND REQUIRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Architecture and design experience with platform implementations across Business, Application, Data, and Platform architecture
- Sophisticated understanding/exposure to overall API-Management concepts.
- Proficient in Installation of Apigee and Configuration of Apigee SaaS and Apigee X
- Hands-on experience in building APIs, proxies, swagger, policies development, custom policy development in Apigee.
- Good hands-on experience on Apigee Portal, Portal customization, and integration.
- Proficient in API Management features and multiple topologies to implement API runtimes
- Proficient in API Security Practices. Should know about configuring API Security (OAuth, JWT, 2-way SSL, etc.) on Apigee.
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Azure DevOps, Git, Jenkins, and Jira and automated testing of APIs.
- Chip in to our evolving DevOps practice for hosting and leading our microservices in the cloud. Must have deep understanding of Istio, Kubernetes and Docker architecture and associated tools.
- Experience in Kafka Capacity planning, installation, administration/Platform management and deep knowledge of Kafka internals
- Experience in Kafka Cluster, Partitions, Security, Disaster recovery, Data pipeline, Data replication, Performance optimization
- Experience with Kafka Confluent / Apache framework, Kafka SQL KSQL, Kafka Connect and the Kafka Streaming APIs
- Experience of Kafka Producer/Consumer Microservices concepts and Kafka distributed Architecture
- Experience in confluent replicator Configuration to perform replication between the clusters in a multi-region environment. Knowledge of Zookeeper
- Certification in Apigee API Management is a plus. Certifications on Confluent Kafka, Cloud Technologies
- Ability to work in both Agile and waterfall project management methodologies
- Good communication and project management skills
- Solid grasp of application development, infrastructure, security and network architecture
- Ability to research, understand and apply new technologies
Certificates / Training:
- Preferred: Various Enterprise Architecture certifications – e.g., TOGAF, ITIL Master, Zachman, etc.
- 10+ years in IT or integration architecture related role
- 9+ years architecture and design experience with platform implementations across Business, Application, Data, and Platform architecture
- Bachelors, Information Technology, computer science or related field
At Herbalife, we value doing what’s right. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We value diversity, strive for inclusivity, and believe the differences among our teammates is a key contributor to Herbalife’s ongoing success.
Herbalife offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees in the U.S. (limited to the 50 States and the District of Columbia), which includes Group Health Programs, other Voluntary Benefit Programs, and Paid Time Off. Group Health Programs include Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Basic Life/AD&D; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Other Voluntary Benefit Programs include a 401(k) plan, Wellness Incentive Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Supplemental Life/Critical Illness/Hospitalization/Accident Insurance, and Pet Insurance. Paid time off includes Company-observed U.S. Holidays, Floating Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, a Volunteer Program, Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave, Bereavement Leave, Personal Leave and time off for voting.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email your request to [email protected].