Category: Human Resources
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
External ID: 9181
Location: Carson, CA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 28, 2023
Hiring Range: 95,000.00 to 105,000.00 USD Annually
The HR Business Partner I provides support of strategic objectives with employees and management in designated departments within the Los Angeles Distribution Center (LADC). This position serves as a consultant to management on Human Resource related issues ranging from policy interpretation to employee relations, complaints, and investigations. In this role, the HRBP I will be expected to take an active role, in conjunction with other members of the HRBP team to deliver value-added services to both management and employees.
This position is based onsite in Carson, CA and may require flexibility to support evening operating hours and support to other CA locations as needed. Travel required up to 20%.
HOW YOU WOULD CONTRIBUTE:
• Develop collaborative, relationships with members of the management team. Advise managers and supervisors on employee development, performance management and employee relations issues
• Interpret and communicate HR policies to employees and management. Address complex inquiries and provide clarification on policy-related matters, ensuring consistent application across the organization
• Provide guidance and support to line management in effectively leading employee performance. Assist in the implementation of performance management processes, including goal-setting, performance reviews, and performance improvement plans
• Collaborate with HR Business Partners (HRBP) to resolve employee relations issues within designated business groups. Provide guidance and assistance in handling disciplinary actions, grievances, and other employee-related concerns
• Maintain a comprehensive understanding of legal requirements related to employee management. Ensure day-to-day HR operations align with applicable laws and regulations, minimizing legal risks. Stay updated on changes in labor laws and recommend appropriate actions to maintain compliance
• Assist employees by providing information and facilitating HR events and activities, such as employee engagement initiatives, training programs, and benefits enrollment
• Support the identification of training needs for business units. Actively collaborate to training initiatives, including delivering specified courses when needed
• Generate a wide variety of HR reports using the HRIS. Ensure data accuracy and integrity. Analyze HR metrics and trends to provide insights and support data-driven decision-making.
• Provide support for special HR projects and department initiatives, such as process improvements, system implementations, or policy updates.
• Perform any other duties specified by the supervisor to support the HR team and overall organizational goals
WHAT’S SPECIAL ABOUT THE TEAM: (Give insight to the team dynamic and environment)
We are seeking a dedicated and proactive HR Business Partner to join our dynamic team. The HRBP I will play a crucial role in supporting the organization's human resources functions and ensuring the successful implementation of HR policies, procedures, and initiatives. The ideal candidate should be passionate about HR, detailed, flexible, and open change, as they will need to adapt to the evolving demands of our business. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated HR professional to contribute to the growth and success of our organization.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND REQUIRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
• 5 years of HR experience and advanced understanding of the human resource body of knowledge including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws
• Bilingual in Spanish, with fluency in both written and spoken communication
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to lead and facilitate trainings, with excellent presentation and communication skills
• Proven project coordination/management skills required to handle multiple projects concurrently
• Display solid attention to detail and accuracy, ensuring high-quality work output
• Ability to rationalize business impact and suggest appropriate courses of action
• Ability to influence others and gain support and commitment for shared projects
• Comfortable making and recommending difficult decisions, with effective communication skills at all levels
• High degree of integrity, capable of handling confidential information with the upmost discretion
• Strong initiative, drive, and flexibility, and the ability to work with conflicting priorities to meet company goals.
• Outstanding customer service and problem-solving skills, with a focus on delivering effective solutions
• Must be approachable, exhibit excellent time management skills, and remain calm under pressure
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: (Share supervisory duties, if applicable)
• Bachelor degree in related field
• May consider candidate with an additional 4 years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree
• PHR/SPHR Certified a plus
At Herbalife, we value doing what’s right. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We value diversity, strive for inclusivity, and believe the differences among our teammates is a key contributor to Herbalife’s ongoing success.
Herbalife offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees in the U.S. (limited to the 50 States and the District of Columbia), which includes Group Health Programs, other Voluntary Benefit Programs, and Paid Time Off. Group Health Programs include Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Basic Life/AD&D; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Other Voluntary Benefit Programs include a 401(k) plan, Wellness Incentive Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Supplemental Life/Critical Illness/Hospitalization/Accident Insurance, and Pet Insurance. Paid time off includes Company-observed U.S. Holidays, Floating Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, a Volunteer Program, Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave, Bereavement Leave, Personal Leave and time off for voting.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email your request to [email protected].