The Director of Enterprise Architecture is a leadership role responsible for the coordination of global operations for their department function across IT and for the management of multi-functional processes. This role will bring together the technology, people, and processes vital to support the delivery of streamlined, technology enabled business services.
The Director of Enterprise Architect ensures Herbalife architecture and technology landscape is in alignment with overall strategy. This role will have a broad array of responsibilities across Business Architecture, Application Architecture, Data Architecture, Infrastructure Architecture, Middleware Architecture, and Security Architecture disciplines and leads enterprise-wide initiatives for aligning the strategic solutions with Enterprise Architecture framework, standards, and best practices.
HOW YOU WOULD CONTRIBUTE:
- Develops reference architecture to set technical standards for applications and infrastructure.
- Builds business architecture models to support business needs.
- Collaborate with business collaborators to identify ecommerce strategy and long-term scaling and growth plans and translate them into technical specifications.
- Authority in E-commerce architecture, design and implementation technology stack. Design and implement scalable, robust, and secure ecommerce solutions that align with the company's strategic goals. Develop technical architectures, design patterns, and technology standards for the ecommerce platform.
- Conduct research on emerging ecommerce technologies and trends and recommend appropriate solutions to the organization.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to the development team throughout the ecommerce development lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain documentation of ecommerce architectures, design patterns, and technology standards.
- Ensure that all ecommerce solutions stay in sync with industry standards and regulations, such as PCI DSS, GDPR, and CCPA.
- Drive creation and validation of non-functional requirements concerning items such as consistency, performance, security, resiliency etc.
- Maintains repository of reference architecture blueprints
- Conducts periodic implementation review to examine whether solutions align with reference / blueprint architecture and suggest remediation/correction actions
- Provide architecture support to craft enterprise architecture (server, storage, networks etc.) for select solutions or applications (e.g., Snowflake, Data Lake, Salesforce) for reliability, scalability, and performance.
- Maintain architecture standards required to operationalize business needs for a new service.
- Identifies publishes and communicates strategic technology standards, frameworks, principles, and roadmaps to be used throughout the IT organization to guide technology decisions and leverage efficiency opportunities. Drives design for a secure, efficient, and adaptable future state model. Ensures that new projects and migrations are in alignment with the IT capital budget, project portfolio, and IT/enterprise strategic goals.
- Researches and recommends opportunities to embrace new technologies. Analyzes the impact of implementing new technologies into the IT infrastructure. Proactively researches IT architecture standard processes and methodologies and resolves relevancy to the business organization. Participates in the life cycle planning of existing IT assets.
- Assists Technical Architects, and Project Managers in matching technology services to specific business service and application development projects to ensure consistent use throughout the enterprise. Identifies and demonstrates opportunities across IT departments to ensure a consistent and efficient infrastructure framework.
- Educates and guides engineers in the vision and use cases of specific solutions within the Architecture portfolio.
- Develops and participates in the governance of Architecture principles and framework to assure compliance to the strategy and those exceptions are well justified and documented through a formal waiver process. Analyzes the impact of exceptions and its effect on future IT and enterprise goals.
- Use business requirements to identify, evaluate and present alternative design solutions which meet customer needs
- Advocate the communication of and consistency to defined architecture strategy and standards
- Proactively supervise technology and market trends, and resolve their potential impact and value to the enterprise
- Support design, development, and implementation of technical projects that span across multiple platforms
- Ensure integration and data security standards across platforms
- Supports Risk Management team on dependency and service continuity efforts
- Stays up to date with the latest trends and industry standard methodologies
- Lead research and recommendation of new integration architecture practices and solution
- Ensures integration performance across platforms and infrastructure
- Partner with Infrastructure and Application Services, technical and operational teams to make recommendations on preferred solutions
Manages a team (increases with level)
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND REQUIRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Architecture and design experience with platform implementations across Business, Application, Data, and Platform architecture
- Experience in Google and Azure platforms.
- Sophisticated understanding/exposure to overall API-Management concepts. Hands-on experience in building APIs, proxies, swagger, policies development, custom policy development in Apigee.
- Proficient in API Security Practices. Should know about configuring API Security (OAuth, JWT, 2-way SSL, etc.) on Apigee.
- Experience with Kafka Confluent / Apache framework, Kafka SQL KSQL, Kafka Connect and the Kafka Streaming APIs. Experience of Kafka Producer/Consumer Microservices concepts and Kafka distributed Architecture
- Designed and built software solutions using these technologies, Node.js, ReactJS, and No-SQL databases.
- Experience designing GKE architecture. Solid understanding of Kubernetes, Istio Service mesh, Application Service Mesh Architecture (Envoy Proxy). Experience with implementing and testing GKE security Policy. Experience with GKE automation to stand up clusters. Development and maintenance in operational condition of Kubernetes orchestral container platforms
- Should have experience in OpenShift and Docker/K8s
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Azure DevOps, Git, Jenkins, and Jira and automated testing of APIs.
- Chip in to our evolving DevOps practice for hosting and handling our microservices in the cloud. Must have deep understanding of Istio, Kubernetes and Docker architecture and associated tools.
- Expert knowledge of CI/CD methodology and tooling (Jenkins, Harness)
- Experience with system configuration tools including Ansible, Chief
- Certification in Apigee API Management is a plus. Certifications on Confluent Kafka, Cloud Technologies
- Ability to work in both Agile and waterfall project management methodologies
- Good communication and project management skills
- Demonstrable understanding of application development, infrastructure, security and network architecture
- Ability to research, understand and apply new technologies
Certificates / Training:
- Preferred: Various enterprise architecture certifications – e.g., TOGAF, ITIL Master, Zachman, etc.
- 5+ years proven track record in architecture or related field
- 3+ years leading large, global teams
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent
- MBA or other advanced degree
At Herbalife, we value doing what’s right. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We value diversity, strive for inclusivity, and believe the differences among our teammates is a key contributor to Herbalife’s ongoing success.
Herbalife offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees in the U.S. (limited to the 50 States and the District of Columbia), which includes Group Health Programs, other Voluntary Benefit Programs, and Paid Time Off. Group Health Programs include Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Basic Life/AD&D; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Other Voluntary Benefit Programs include a 401(k) plan, Wellness Incentive Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Supplemental Life/Critical Illness/Hospitalization/Accident Insurance, and Pet Insurance. Paid time off includes Company-observed U.S. Holidays, Floating Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, a Volunteer Program, Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave, Bereavement Leave, Personal Leave and time off for voting.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email your request to [email protected].