POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT:
The Specialist, Sanitation will coordinate with Quality and Manufacturing to ensure the adherence to the Manufacturing Sanitation. The Sanitation Specialist will act as a lead in the department through both tactical and critical initiatives in accordance with established company procedures, quality standards and government or regulatory guidelines to ensure a sound Manufacturing Sanitation. Job functions include administrating, planning, directing, assessing, training, implementing and evaluating Manufacturing Sanitation in order to meet current and ongoing Quality standards.
- Maintain a good working relationship with employees through strong interpersonal and oral communications, teamwork, counseling, and fair and consistent enforcement of Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure programs are defined, implemented, and effective for all aspects of Manufacturing Sanitation including:
- Master Manufacturing Sanitation Schedule – develop/define appropriate cleaning frequency schedule for facility and manufacturing equipment and ensure compliance to scheduling and reporting.
- Cleaning Procedures - verify cleaning procedures are defined for all equipment on the Master Manufacturing Sanitation Schedule; procedures are followed and are effective.
- Chemical Controls - Maintain effective relationship with contracted chemical supplier to ensure controls for manufacturing sanitation chemicals to include utilization, testing, inventories, proper labeling and safety and are aligned with Herbalife and regulatory requirements.
- Identify Continuous Improvement ideas and implement.
- Review, revise and create documents/procedures to support sanitation initiatives.
- Empowers Manufacturing Sanitation Department to adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Takes ownership of department deficiencies and implements countermeasures with the appropriate sense of importance. Communicates deficiencies and countermeasures to the Plant Services Manager.
- Personally, understands manufacturing cleaning procedures for environmental and equipment.
- Develops and report Manufacturing Sanitation KPI's.
- Keeps abreast of all current and new sanitation technologies to include manual and electronic document controls.
- Maintains records and places orders for all chemicals used in cleaning and sanitizing.
- Is responsible for sanitation equipment—including high pressure guns, portable foamers, forklifts, scrubbers,
- Other duties assigned.
- Leads a team of up to 2 employees.
- Coordinate (temps, contractors, vendors, etc.) regarding Manufacturing Sanitation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with internal customers, vendors.
- Skilled in computer applications and systems.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a driving record acceptable to the company’s insurance carrier.
***Must have a valid state issued driver's license.***
- 5 years of sanitation experience in a cGMP environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- (i.e.,3 years with a bachelors or 7 years with a High School Diploma or GED)
- Additional consideration in lieu of education or experience may be given to candidates that posses industry certifications such as: AIB, CFS Certifications, SSOP, Sanitation Safety or HACCP
- 1-2 years’ experience handling multiple projects and duties related to sanitation activities, following and ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures as well as safety.
- Knowledge of cGMP, FDA and other pharmaceutical regulatory requirements.
- Associate’s degree: equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree (certifications included).
- Familiarity with California and / or Federal sanitation requirements for a food or dietary supplement manufacturer.
At Herbalife, we value doing what’s right. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We value diversity, strive for inclusivity, and believe the differences among our teammates is a key contributor to Herbalife’s ongoing success.
Herbalife offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees in the U.S. (limited to the 50 States and the District of Columbia), which includes Group Health Programs, other Voluntary Benefit Programs, and Paid Time Off. Group Health Programs include Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Basic Life/AD&D; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Other Voluntary Benefit Programs include a 401(k) plan, Wellness Incentive Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Supplemental Life/Critical Illness/Hospitalization/Accident Insurance, and Pet Insurance. Paid time off includes Company-observed U.S. Holidays, Floating Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, a Volunteer Program, Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave, Bereavement Leave, Personal Leave and time off for voting.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email your request to [email protected].