The 2nd Shift Maintenance Equipment Parts/Spares Technician is responsible for providing various support functions within the Engineering and Maintenance departments. This role consists of researching, sourcing, procuring, receiving, shipping and maintaining parts and supplies, inventory control (cycle counts) and accurate inventory records. This role will also frequently work with Maintenance Technicians, Maintenance Services, Equipment Operators, Maintenance Planner, Maintenance Supervisor(s), Sr. Leadership, Vendors, and Contractors. It will be important that the individual in this role works in concert with those individuals to ensure that all necessary parts and supplies are kept on-hand and required levels are maintained while exhibiting good financial practices. This position will require some overtime and periodic weekend work as necessary.
HOW YOU WOULD CONTRIBUTE:
- Maintain all maintenance consumables, keep stock, and equipment spares and supplies.
- Management and control of all main and satellite spares locations and equipment cabinets to ensure proper stock levels are maintained.
- Maintain and organize power tool equipment storage cabinets and related tooling inventory to identify low stock levels, and requisitions parts orders to prevent stock out situations.
- Maintain, organize, cycle count all large spares pallet rack locations in maintenance-controlled areas.
- Obtain part and supplies quotations from vendors, suppliers and machine shops.
- Monitor, follow-up on spares or supplies orders to insure timely delivery.
- Maintain all maintenance fire cabinets, storeroom supply cabs, keep organized and equipped with supplies needed for manufacturing, packaging equipment, critical utilities, facilities, and building upkeep.
- Uses multiple computer applications; including, CMMS, Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, eMaint CMMS, Oracle to support maintenance department.
- Works with Maintenance Services and Maintenance Planners to determine, stage and kit parts for PMs, WOs and projects.
- Notifications to departments of spare issues that could have an impact on their production schedule.
- Perform receiving, and re-stocking of stock room spares and supplies, and updating parts inventory records with data and photos in eMaint and Oracle.
- Perform equipment spare usage rates as required and look for cost-savings opportunities by cross-referencing parts to local suppliers.
- Assist Change-over Technician with spares replacements, refurbishment and sizing.
- Identify new equipment spares, sources and lead times.
- Daily verification of parts usage, and issuance to work orders.
- Responsible for company vehicle usage forms, inspections, and licensing.
- Demonstrate safe work practices (bending, lifting, etc.), and be an active participant in our departmental safety inspections program.
- Look for opportunities to implement continuous improvement processes in your area.
- Develop strategic equipment spares metrics (monthly/quarterly/yearly).
- May perform/assist in other shop assignments, or other related duties as required and/or assigned.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND REQUIRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Basic knowledge of both facilities, and production related equipment which includes but is not limited to motors, pumps, conveyors, pneumatics, heat exchangers, fluid systems, powder systems, steam systems, chillers, and basic electronics and instrumentation.
- Knowledge and understanding of occupational hazards and standard safety practices/precautions.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems, Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to: Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel programs.
- Good typing, data entry, computer and phone/communication skills.
- Read and understand equipment spares/parts and technical manuals.
- Communicate clearly and concisely.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted during assigned responsibilities.
- Must be able to work effectively as a team member and interact positively with staff, clients and outside parties/vendors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Calm, flexible and efficient when dealing with multiple priorities, people and tasks.
- Uses initiative and exercises sound independent judgment.
- Must have the ability to deal with all levels of management.
- Ability to recognize, prioritize and accomplish needed tasks.
- Aligning with all company policies, work rules, safety regulations and good housekeeping requirements.
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with individuals contacted in course of work including outside vendors, contractors or suppliers.
- Able to prioritize and complete tasks with urgency.
- Able to complete job assignments accurately and on time.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must possess a strong technical background
- Valid Driver’s license and good driving record
- Able to Work 2nd shift hours (2pm -11pm) and able to work some overtime and periodic weekend work as this is 2nd shift position that will require some overtime and some weekend work
- 5 years’ experience in manufacturing plant
- 5 years’ experience in a Maintenance environment, with CMMS experience
- Experience with Equipment spares inventory and control
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in, Nutraceuticals, Food/Beverage or Pharmaceutical manufacturing plant
- Familiar with cGMPs, SOPs requirements from a regulated working environment
- Vocational certifications, or Associates degree
At Herbalife, we value doing what’s right. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We value diversity, strive for inclusivity, and believe the differences among our teammates is a key contributor to Herbalife’s ongoing success.
Herbalife offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees in the U.S. (limited to the 50 States and the District of Columbia), which includes Group Health Programs, other Voluntary Benefit Programs, and Paid Time Off. Group Health Programs include Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Basic Life/AD&D; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Other Voluntary Benefit Programs include a 401(k) plan, Wellness Incentive Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Supplemental Life/Critical Illness/Hospitalization/Accident Insurance, and Pet Insurance. Paid time off includes Company-observed U.S. Holidays, Floating Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, a Volunteer Program, Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave, Bereavement Leave, Personal Leave and time off for voting.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email your request to [email protected].