This job posting is no longer active.
Category: Global Technology Services
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
External ID: 9694
Location: Torrance, CA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 29, 2023
Hiring Range: 122,200.00 to 134,400.00 USD Annually
The BI Developer role is responsible for building and maintaining the BI application and schema objects. The role will also be responsible for building reports/dashboards to serve business needs. The BI developer will work with data warehouse engineers to help design reporting capabilities in the BI application. The role will also work on administration activities to lead the health and performance of the application and also migrate and setup environment for use.
HOW YOU WOULD CONTRIBUTE:
• Build schema and application objects such as attributes, metrics and hierarchies.
• Meet with decision makers, data owners, and end users to define reporting requirements and goals; develop reporting procedures, models and protocols.
• Interview various non-technical managers to understand complex, dynamic business rules/process and then create detailed, specific and comprehensive documentation.
• Engage Business Users spanning multiple business units and ensure cohesive articulation of business goals and processes. Assess feasibility of requests, estimate development effort, and impact on existing environment.
• Help users with building and running reports and dashboards
• Engage with business users to ensure articulation of business goals and processes.
• Continuous Research in BI technology field to seek new ways to enhance BI applications and increase users’ satisfaction.
• Create technical and functional specification documents
• Develop, test, and implement interactive web and mobile dashboards ad hoc queries, important metrics, Scorecards, reports, mobile alerts & notifications independently or as a part of a team to influence business outcomes
• Monitor and lead health of BI application
• Ability to create training material and train BI users
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND REQUIRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
• Proficiency in building schema and application objects
• Proficiency in web and mobile dashboard development
• Proficiency in report/cube construction
• Proficiency in security architecture
• Proficiency in multiple connectors for BI application for data federation
• Ability to migrate between environments
• Proficiency in administration activities such as setup, upgrades, schema subscription, cache cleanup etc.
• Ability to identify and manage impact on BI application
• Proficiency in SQL and query engine of BI application
• Knowledge of BI application architecture (web, mobile, office, schedulers, load balancers, i-servers)
• Manage multiple priorities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• 5+ years experience in BI development
• 5+ years experience in data warehouse and schema design architecture
• Bachelor’s in information technology, computer science or related field
Principles & Related Competencies:
At Herbalife, we value doing what’s right. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We value diversity, strive for inclusivity, and believe the differences among our teammates is a key contributor to Herbalife’s ongoing success.
Herbalife offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees in the U.S. (limited to the 50 States and the District of Columbia), which includes Group Health Programs, other Voluntary Benefit Programs, and Paid Time Off. Group Health Programs include Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Basic Life/AD&D; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Other Voluntary Benefit Programs include a 401(k) plan, Wellness Incentive Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Supplemental Life/Critical Illness/Hospitalization/Accident Insurance, and Pet Insurance. Paid time off includes Company-observed U.S. Holidays, Floating Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, a Volunteer Program, Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave, Bereavement Leave, Personal Leave and time off for voting.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email your request to [email protected].