This job posting is no longer active.
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
External ID: 9972
Location: Torrance, CA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 30, 2023
Hiring Range: 91,900.00 to 105,200.00 USD Annually
The Senior Bilingual Copywriter plays a lead role on the writing team and manages multiple projects from inception through distribution and identifies strategic methods to meet deadlines and develop creative solutions that satisfy all parties and produce French copy that reflects Herbalife’s brand messaging, adapt materials for cultural relevance to the Canada Marketing audience, and meets the client’s overall objective. This position requires an extensive level of familiarity with standard translation concepts, best practices for adapting to improve cultural relevance, and procedures related to the content localization, and relies on experience to make recommendations on the direction of content and accomplish goals. The position will work without supervision, lead and direct the work of others and exercise a wide degree of creativity and precise execution.
HOW YOU WOULD CONTRIBUTE:
• Work efficiently, accurately and independently through a large volume of projects on fast turnaround
• Produce Canadian French copy for a variety of media for print and online, including product launch campaigns, overviews, editorials, sale pitches, event pre and post-promotions, promotional emails, postcards, Web pages, video scripts, CRM platforms, interactive platforms, phone messaging scripts, flyers, publications, PowerPoint presentations, ads, training material, success stories (testimonials) and more
• Monitor cultural trends to make sure the messages produced are relevant and in line with agreed tone of voice for the Canada market
• Ensure copy is consistent with brand by applying corporate style guide, written documents and spoken words
• Lead all aspects of a project from inception to final stage
• Communicates clearly with manager, associate project manager, co-workers and job originators on an ongoing basis with regards to project status
• Function as a copywriter advisor for all content being built
• Responsible for coordinating large-scale content projects. Be able to work as a member of a team and keep a team organized and on track. Act as team lead when projects require multiple members to work together.
• Make clear, concise corrections appropriate to the context of material and voice
• Responsible for guiding updates to Canadian French content reference materials and style guides, updating and maintaining content processes and procedures, and provide training and consultation support to Canadian French content team
• Support quick turnaround translations for event presentations at Herbalife events as needed.
• Review and approve the work of other writers.
• Lead team meetings as needed in the absence of the Translation Manager.
WHAT’S SPECIAL ABOUT THE TEAM:
Our products may come in a box, but our ideas don’t. Collaboration-driven, at 368 (Herbalife North America in-house agency) we thrive when our individual talents and diverse backgrounds come together in creative harmony to produce innovative brand initiatives. We nurture a happy, human-centered work environment, where we honor the creative process, celebrate progress and value the power of passion and drive.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND REQUIRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
• Outstanding Bilingual verbal and written proficiencies in English and French.
• Strong organizational skills as well as excellent project- and time-management skills
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications as well as high-familiarity with Translation Management Systems and Computer-Assisted Translation tools
• Excellent proofreading skills and high familiarity with proofreader's marks
• Enterprising and resourceful with an ability to handle a multitude of projects under deadline pressure
• Detail oriented, self-motivated and strong ability to prioritize.
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels with sensitivity to cultural diversity
• 8-10 years of experience as a journalist, corporate writer or agency copywriter, all in a French market focused environment.
• A minimum 4 years’ experience in translation
• A minimum 2 years’ experience of digital marketing background
• Editorial experience across media.
• Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities under general supervision
• Ability to function as an effective team member
• Upbeat and self-motivated teammate
• Experience working for specialty consulting, advertising, or marketing firm's or marketing departments preferred
• Previous experience in the wellness industry preferred
• Previous experience at a multi-level marketing firm, preferably in nutritional goods
• BA in marketing or related field
• Coursework in communications, journalism, literature, advertising or business.
• Translator certification/accreditation
At Herbalife, we value doing what’s right. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We value diversity, strive for inclusivity, and believe the differences among our teammates is a key contributor to Herbalife’s ongoing success.
Herbalife offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees in the U.S. (limited to the 50 States and the District of Columbia), which includes Group Health Programs, other Voluntary Benefit Programs, and Paid Time Off. Group Health Programs include Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Basic Life/AD&D; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Other Voluntary Benefit Programs include a 401(k) plan, Wellness Incentive Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Supplemental Life/Critical Illness/Hospitalization/Accident Insurance, and Pet Insurance. Paid time off includes Company-observed U.S. Holidays, Floating Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, a Volunteer Program, Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave, Bereavement Leave, Personal Leave and time off for voting.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email your request to [email protected].