POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT:
The 2nd shift Maintenance Supervisor leads all aspects of maintenance personnel, equipment repair and facility services for the manufacturing facility. Additionally, this position assists the Director developing and implementing departmental goals, timelines, preventative maintenance programs and safety and quality programs as it relates to equipment and production efficiency.
- Supervise facilities or equipment maintenance technicians in a cGMP environment with multiple sites.
- Responsible for the day-to-day shift operations of the maintenance team on 2nd shift (M-F 2pm - 11pm plus some OT as required) to ensure employees are working toward a common goal, remaining productive, and avoiding conflict and negative competition.
- Make recommendations as relates to hiring decisions, performance ratings, written warnings, suspensions, disciplinary actions, and/or resolution of complaints.
- Contribute to the development of the department budget; monitor and maintain expenditures to ensure a cost-efficient operation.
- Identify and delegate cost reduction projects to the team.
- Maintain, monitor and recommend adequate spare parts to support operations.
- Ensure staff is properly trained & competent in all the technical aspects of their positions.
- Promote and maintain a safe work environment.
- Monitor maintenance activities via the CMMS system for both facilities & production equipment in a multishift, multi-site environment to insure activity completion and effectiveness.
- Establish staffing and distribute workload by assigning work tasks, realigning tasks so as to deliver maximum results.
- Develop corrective actions to resolve employee disputes and productivity issues.
- Develop others, through coaching and training, to reach their full potentials.
- Maintain two-way dialog with direct reports on work and results through regular 1x1's.
- Communicate company and departmental goals and objectives assuring that these are clearly understood by all shifts.
- Complete and maintain all necessary documentation including applicable cGMP, Confined Space, Hot Work, PFS Toolbox, and training documents.
- Interacts with Production, Quality and Planning groups daily to assure production schedules are met or exceeded
- Establishment of MBO's in concert with corporate business objectives for team members.
- Attend leadership training classes as available
- Understand PLC functionality
- Understand and support company's long-term growth and health
- Accountable for shift results
- Implements IQ/OQ for equipment installation
- Perform other duties as assigned
Manages a team of 25 technicians.
- Able to work the 2nd shift (M-F 2pm - 11pm plus some OT) scheudle
- Display and possess strong mechanical & electrical competence
- Excellent demonstrated organization and analytical skills
- Excellent demonstrated communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated good coaching and instructing skills
- 0-3 years in a Supervisory role
- 5+ years maintenance experience
- Military Experience/ Assignments may be considered
- PLC knowledge / understanding
- High School Diploma / GED
- 2-year technical degree from accredited institution, or equivalent experience
- 1-year experience working in a cGMP environment
- CMMS/ Asset Management system experience system experience (i.e. Maximo, D7i, Upkeep, eMaint, Maintimizer, etc.)
At Herbalife, we value doing what’s right. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We value diversity, strive for inclusivity, and believe the differences among our teammates is a key contributor to Herbalife’s ongoing success.
Herbalife offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees in the U.S. (limited to the 50 States and the District of Columbia), which includes Group Health Programs, other Voluntary Benefit Programs, and Paid Time Off. Group Health Programs include Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Basic Life/AD&D; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Other Voluntary Benefit Programs include a 401(k) plan, Wellness Incentive Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Supplemental Life/Critical Illness/Hospitalization/Accident Insurance, and Pet Insurance. Paid time off includes Company-observed U.S. Holidays, Floating Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, a Volunteer Program, Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave, Bereavement Leave, Personal Leave and time off for voting.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email your request to [email protected].