POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT:
The Sr. Control Engineer supports the Worldwide Manufacturing and Engineering department by providing control engineering support for the Worldwide Manufacturing facilities. This position will manage projects, provide technical leadership, develop/implement control architecture and strategy, provide PLC programming capabilities for machines, and provide trouble-shooting capabilities for manufacturing equipment and systems. The Sr. Engineer will partner with multiple departments and give presentations to Senior Managers regarding projects.
- Design, develop, prioritize, and coordinate the PLC Control System for the Herbalife Operations. Provide a clear plan for the direction of the controls system moving forward.
- Collaborate in the development of, and conduct, training of line and maintenance personnel to strategically operate, maintain, and upgrade the installed control systems.
- Develop and conduct component and equipment validation and qualification testing to ensure proper performance to specifications.
- Approve equipment vendors, sources, and specifications depending on the manufacturing needs and costs reduction requirements. Interact with testing labs to analyze and evaluate data testing results.
- Lead and leads all aspects of the activities of the internal and contract staff.
- Interact with multiple departments including Manufacturing, Marketing, Quality Control, Global Licensing, Inventory Control, Product Development, IT/IS, and Industrial Engineering regarding equipment controls and SCADA activities as related to the projects.
- Develop maintenance systems required to support the installed control system. Interacts with all levels throughout the organization, distributors, customers, and vendors. This will additionally include the commissioning and operator training of production equipment.
- Serve as a project manager for installation of control systems. Write specifications for controls hardware/software, prepare drawings, design systems, lead all aspects of bid procedures, work with purchasing, prequalify bidders, lead installation/integration, train, test, and merge into existing systems.
- Program PLC’s, HMI’s, and SCADA systems to improve and upgrade the existing systems.
- Assist production and maintenance to tackle problems with equipment and systems.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to program PLC, HMI’s and SCADA Systems. Strong knowledge of the Allen Bradley platform.
- Strong understanding of networks.
- Strong inter-departmental communication skills with Production and Maintenance.
- Solid understanding of budgeting and estimation.
- Basic working knowledge of Windows, Outlook, MS Project, Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Solidworks, Electrical Schematics, Control Panel Design
- Ability to understand mechanical systems and how they function.
- Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities under general supervision.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced manufacturing environment and be a strong team player
- 5-7 years experience in Controls System and Electrical Engineering Design.
- Experience working in package development and food industry is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable engineering field preferred or equivalent
- Experience preferably in Pharmaceutical, Food, or CPG industries
- Good woring knowledge of cGMP’s, HACCP/AIB, and FDA regulations in Food and Nutrition industries
At Herbalife, we value doing what’s right. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We value diversity, strive for inclusivity, and believe the differences among our teammates is a key contributor to Herbalife’s ongoing success.
Herbalife offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees in the U.S. (limited to the 50 States and the District of Columbia), which includes Group Health Programs, other Voluntary Benefit Programs, and Paid Time Off. Group Health Programs include Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Basic Life/AD&D; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Other Voluntary Benefit Programs include a 401(k) plan, Wellness Incentive Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Supplemental Life/Critical Illness/Hospitalization/Accident Insurance, and Pet Insurance. Paid time off includes Company-observed U.S. Holidays, Floating Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, a Volunteer Program, Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave, Bereavement Leave, Personal Leave and time off for voting.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email your request to [email protected].