POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
This position works with the Packaging Supervisor by overseeing the daily packaging operations for their assigned area and shift. This position is responsible for up to 15 employees and making sure that everyone is trained, adhering to company policies, working safely and achieving departmental standards and goals.
- Ensure all packaging equipment are set up and functional for daily operations. Immediately report any equipment issues to the department supervisor or maintenance department.
- Ability to operate all equipment that is being operated by those under lead.
- Must fully understand the operation of the filling machine and how to adjust and minor troubleshoot.
- Ensure all product and components required for daily production are in the appropriate staging area in a timely manner to ensure availability before production begins. Once a project is completed ensure any remaining product/components are returned back to inventory.
- Acquire the necessary documentation and order product and packaging components for daily production, maintain and process required documentation for assigned work orders
- Perform in process quality checks for product and documentation errors on the line during the filling and packaging of product. If defects or discrepancies are found, notify supervisor immediately.
- Ensure all component specifications are correct. For example, codes, lot numbers, expiration dates, labels.
- Ensure batch records equipment log books and other relevant records are current.
- Assist Supervisor in the training and direction of employees in the equipment and process of the production areas
- Coordinate and supervise work of packaging employees in assigned areas.
- Document Daily production
- Assist where needed on the packaging line.
- Ensure line clearances with quality control before start of packaging
- Clean and maintain processing rooms and equipment
- Ensure operators are following safety procedures at all times. Report any unsafe acts or conditions immediately.
- Ensure all personnel follow GMP`s and written SOP`s
- Keep an open line of communication with all departments
- Follow all company policies and procedures including safety rules and regulations
- Provide input to supervisor regarding personnel requirements and needs.
- Assist supervisor with vacation scheduling based on line needs and provide input on performance reviews.
- Train your team members on the Daily Departmental Board.
- Drive Continuous Improvement within assigned area.
- Other duties as assigned
Leads a team of up to 15 production workers
- Ability to coordinate people and daily work assignments
- Above basic math skills to compute yields, variances and inventory reconciliation.
- Ability to work with machine control panels and computers
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
- Problem solving skills, limited decision making
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- 1-year previous experience in a GMP manufacturing nutraceutical or food environment
- Experience in GMP documentation
- Has worked in a team-based environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Leadership skills training
- Prior general safety training.
At Herbalife, we value doing what’s right. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We value diversity, strive for inclusivity, and believe the differences among our teammates is a key contributor to Herbalife’s ongoing success.
Herbalife offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees in the U.S. (limited to the 50 States and the District of Columbia), which includes Group Health Programs, other Voluntary Benefit Programs, and Paid Time Off. Group Health Programs include Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Basic Life/AD&D; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Other Voluntary Benefit Programs include a 401(k) plan, Wellness Incentive Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Supplemental Life/Critical Illness/Hospitalization/Accident Insurance, and Pet Insurance. Paid time off includes Company-observed U.S. Holidays, Floating Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, a Volunteer Program, Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave, Bereavement Leave, Personal Leave and time off for voting.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email your request to [email protected].