Category: Corporate Events
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
External ID: 10008
Location: Torrance, CA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 16, 2023
Hiring Range: 150,600.00 to 178,500.00 USD Annually
The Director of NAM Events (Bilingual Spanish) leads the activities on all logistical facets of a diverse portfolio. While managing a team of 18 which 3 are direct reports, this individual works to empower successful planners that deliver creative and innovative events. Primary role is to oversee the North America (NAM) region which covers US, Puerto Rico, Canada, Jamaica & Trinidad and Tobago. This person will be responsible for overseeing the planning and execution of more than 85 in-person events annually. The goal is to deliver an outstanding experience for our distributors while staying within the established budget. This individual will assign the appropriate staff to prepare for events as well as on-site staff to ensure that the events are facilitated with integrity and to the expectations of our executive management team.
The role also includes working with various teams on creative visioning and regional event themes. This person will need to work with worldwide global sourcing, marketing, sales, legal, risk management and security to build regional guidelines that may be specific to certain venues and states. They will also work with these teams to build overall regional guidelines, procedures and standard processes. Direct mentorship is provided towards responsibilities that include site research and recommendations; RFP development, review, and recommendation; budget development, management, and reconciliation; contract input; meeting logistics management; and management of a variety of outside vendors providing special event transportation and décor services. This position also requires the creation of PowerPoint presentation that will provide a detail description of the events from start to finish highlighting the event expectation.
Overseeing the review, negotiation, and execution all contracts for various NAM Events will be crucial. They will have a key role in making destination decisions for many events. This will require site inspections, meetings with various hotel staff, vendors, and various distributor committees along with our panel of Executives. The position requires exceptional leadership and mentoring skills. The department focuses on professional and personal development of each staff member.
HOW YOU WOULD CONTRIBUTE:
• Analyze and control division expenses to conform to budgetary requirements for department. Creating and oversee $28MM annual event budget. Work along with finance to streamline or reallocate these costs.
• Liaison for all Distributor leaders as needed for event implementation. All requests and or suggestions are followed through with appropriate departments if required.
• Lead interdepartmental collaborations vital to ensure successful events for the region.
• Negotiate/lead all aspects of negotiation with hotels on food & beverage minimums, cost of room rental, room revenue, concessions, service agreements and terms & conditions contracts.
Direct reports will consist of 3 staff.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND REQUIRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
• 10 years event/meeting planning experience including at least 2 years of virtual/hybrid event experience. International experience is helpful.
• 7 years of experience negotiating/reading hotel contracts and implementing changes that will protect Herbalife Nutrition
• Excellent written communication and public speaking including experience presenting to executive leadership and stakeholders
• Strong ability to organize and prioritize team’s workload for effective process
• 7 years of experience managing an events/production team at various levels in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
• At least 5 years managing and crafting outstanding budgets customized to events and promotions
• 7 years of event strategic planning with an emphasis on industry trends, technology and best practices
• High level proficiency managing team dynamics including experience with “Crucial Conversations”
• Extensive knowledge of union regulations within hotels and convention centers
• Highly organized with the ability to meet concurrent multiple deadlines and multi-task
• Ability to network efficiently within the industry
• Ability to think strategically and creatively, with a passion for crafting high quality events.
• Ability to interact with top level Distributors as well as Herbalife Nutrition senior staff -VP/SVP/EVP
• Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities under general supervision
• Ability to organize personal and direct reports workload for effective implementation
• Strong customer and results orientation
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels with sensitivity to cultural diversity
• Ability to function as an effective team member
• Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves
• Travel is required and is 40% of the job function
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Bilingual in Spanish
• Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience
• In lieu of a degree, an advanced industry certification is required. Acceptable certifications include a CMP and/ or a CMM.
At Herbalife, we value doing what’s right. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We value diversity, strive for inclusivity, and believe the differences among our teammates is a key contributor to Herbalife’s ongoing success.
Herbalife offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees in the U.S. (limited to the 50 States and the District of Columbia), which includes Group Health Programs, other Voluntary Benefit Programs, and Paid Time Off. Group Health Programs include Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Basic Life/AD&D; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Other Voluntary Benefit Programs include a 401(k) plan, Wellness Incentive Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Supplemental Life/Critical Illness/Hospitalization/Accident Insurance, and Pet Insurance. Paid time off includes Company-observed U.S. Holidays, Floating Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, a Volunteer Program, Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave, Bereavement Leave, Personal Leave and time off for voting.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email your request to [email protected].