VP, Product Operations - India
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
External ID: 10919
Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Date Posted: Dec 22, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
The Vice president of product operations is responsible for managing entire product operations in India. This position is created to ensure reliable performance and continuous improvement of the contract manufacturers/ reliable and high quality product supply for the market, reliable and high quality ingredient supplies, establishing a Herbalife-dedicated MFG unit(s), capacity expansion, support in review/ manage true P&L, new product launches and compliance to product regulations.
DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Ensure on-time availability of Herbalife products in India with products which always meet Herbalife’s Quality and Regulatory standards and with volumes, service and inventory levels which always meet Herbalife’s Supply Chain requirements.
- Manage COGS and review the movements in True P&L from COGS perspective. Each element of COGS, the variances should be properly reviewed, root cause determined and actioned upon to improve the efficiencies.
- Implement processes and controls which ensure integrity, quality and reliability of all Herbalife India products supplied via existing Manufacturers / Suppliers / Vendors and any new ones.
- Develop local Manufacturers / Suppliers/ Vendors and also local Herbalife Operations team capabilities such that the processes and controls and the standards and service levels will be sustained without deviation and without the need for routine supervision or intervention from outside of India.
- Utilize most suitable technology and processes for quality, reliability, and efficiency.
- Enhance capacity of India Manufacturing capabilities and associated operations to always be at least 50% greater than forecasted demand to mitigate risk of supply or demand variability and to provide alternative capacities & options for producing India’s skus and volumes.
- In partnership with Global function heads, ensure local functional leaders develop as strong Herbalife leaders and are effective in owning and developing their functions, developing their teams and ensuring collaboration with all other India and global Herbalife personnel.
- In collaboration with GRA and respective stakeholders, ensure product compliance and compliance to FSSAI Act and Legal metrology Act
- Ensure global function heads are always informed as to status, plans, developments, and issues affecting their functions or personnel. Global function heads’ & India VP- Fin/Ops approval is needed for any significant plans affecting their functions or personnel.
- Be alert for any indications of unethical conduct and report same immediately to relevant Corporate functional leader and India VP-Finance and Ops
- Ensure alignment of all activities and plans with the needs of the India business and corporate functions.
- Must spend 75%+ of time based in the locations where the products are being manufactured or where capacity expansion work is being undertaken,
Manufacturing, Raw Material Warehousing, Inventory Management & Control, Raw Material Planning, Sourcing, QA and R&D Tech Ops will have a dotted line reporting into this position.
Local and global support is available whenever needed to accomplish the responsibilities and goals. Maintain strong, positive relationships with India and global leadership. Ensure the leadership is always informed of latest and significant status, plans, developments and issues. Seek, acknowledge and consider their inputs and feedback.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proven track record of leading substantial food or nutraceutical manufacturing plant implementations and upgrades from ideation through to commercialization and optimization
- Exceptional technical knowledge and ability in Manufacturing process and equipment and all associated processes and controls
- Strong understanding of the latest automation and technology options for optimal manufacturing process. Proven ability to design, select and deliver effective solutions for manufacturing and product supply needs.
- Demonstrated track record of ensuring effective quality control by design within the manufacturing processes and operations.
- Strong understanding of end-to-end Supply Chain activities including planning, sourcing, transportation, warehousing, inventory management and control
- Understanding of impact of regulations on product (FSSAI and legal metrology)
- Strong customer service and results driven orientation.
- Exceptional project management skills
- Excellent and proactive communication and collaboration skills at all levels. Must demonstrate and foster excellent teamwork.
- Proven track record as a leader who develops others to their full potential
- Sound judgment with effective technical/operational focus
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- 15+ years’ experience in the food or nutraceutical manufacturing industry in a cGMP environment, both in hands-on and leadership Manufacturing roles
- Working knowledge of materials/process/equipment within a food or nutraceutical manufacturing environment
- Extensive overall Product Operations experience including Supply Chain, Raw Material Inventory Management & Control and Sourcing
- Extensive project management experience with demonstrated record of success.
- Extensive experience evaluating and optimizing food or nutraceutical production processes and equipment.
- Extensive experience working in cross functional teams.
- Experience working in an international company with US or European stakeholders as well as India-based stakeholders.